Sunday, October 7, 2007

then and now

I see far and near, good and bad, beautiful and ugly, big and small from my window
It gives me the ability and time to analyse what I just want to see and forget versus what I wanna get inside my home
Thats when I saw you one day...
I ran and sprang my door wide open.
You glanced once and I was happy you found it worth a visit...
Coz I dint have the balls to invite.
But once you entered I rememeber taking over the show...
While you were still in the doorway and while you walked through the corridors inside I remember setting up the home to best suite you...
I changed a few things but I swear to God most things were still original, I polished some old furniture and kept refreshing the home though as I started to understand your likes and dislikes.
I could feel you starting to like the home...
and i remember you talking about your home at times... that got us close... the enormous difference in your home and mine...
I showed you my play room... those were some great fun hours and I remember plenty of them...
and then I showed you my treasury... which had emotions, genuineness, emptiness, playfullness, friendship... i remember you impressed with the riches...
and then the store room... my history...
and then the kitchen... full of filler items...
the backyard... we both sat and chatted about everything under the sun...
the video room... we saw such beautiful places on wide screen... it felt real at times...
and then you said you had to leave...
All of a sudden... I was scared of the emptiness in my home
You left... I came till the door... and stayed there for a while to receive you if you come back...
then I trudged back home and locked myself in a room, refused to look out of the window... coz I hated seeing out of it
Finally I stood up and closed the door...
The house scared me those days.until slowly i gathered the strength to walk up to the window.
I found it difficult initially but I gradually adjusted my self to the freshness of the air outside my window.
Once again I can see far and near, good and bad, beautiful and ugly, big and small from the window
Yes, There is a difference in what I like to see and how I analyse now while I look out...
My home does not scare me anymore.
Its back to its normal beauty...

No comments: